Megan Sutherland considers any appointment that you have made with her, important. Your appointment is for your exclusive use and when it is cancelled with short notice, or missed altogether, it is often too late or impossible to offer this time to someone else and the appointment time goes unfilled.
Please note, as of July 2017 the following cancellation / missed appointment policy is in effect:
- A full 24 hours notice is required for cancelling appointments.
- If you cancel with less than 24 hours before your appointment time, you will be billed for 50% of the cost of your appointment, that is: $65 for a 50-minute session, $80 for a 75-minute session and $35 for a 25-minute appointment. This also applies to same-day bookings which are subsequently cancelled.
- If you cancel with less than 12 hours before your appointment time, you will be billed for 75% of the cost of your appointment, that is $97.50 for a 50-minute appointment, $120 for a 75-minute session and $52.50 for a 25-minute appointment. This also applies to same-day bookings which are subsequently cancelled.
- Clients who fail to show up for a scheduled appointment (“no show”) are billed for the full cost of their scheduled session — i.e. $130 for a 50-minute session, $160 for a 75-minute session and $70 for a 25-minute session.
- Megan routinely emails appointment reminders. From time to time there is a technical glitch or Megan forgets and clients do not receive a reminder. These reminders are a courtesy only; clients are responsible to keep or cancel their appointment regardless of whether they receive a reminder or not. If you are uncertain when your next appointment with Megan is, please contact her to check.
- There is a range of valid reasons for cancelling an appointment. In order to be consistent with all clients, cancellation fees will only be waived in the event of a medical emergency requiring urgent professional treatment, a death in the family or a natural disaster.
- If you have purchased a prepaid counselling package and you cancel one of your prepaid sessions with less than 24 hours, or miss the session, this session counts as having been used.
- Out of fairness to you, if Megan cancels your appointment with less than 24 hours, your next appointment is 50% off. If she cancels your appointment with less than 12 hours, your next appointment is 75% off. In the unlikely event Megan does not show up for your appointment, your next appointment is free.
- If you have booked a series of counselling appointments and have cancelled your most recent appointment with less than 24 hours notice or have missed that appointment, you have 24 hours to pay the associated fees to retain your remaining pre-booked sessions.
- Life circumstances may arise which make attending counselling on an ongoing basis difficult or even impossible. Clients who cancel 3 or more consecutive appointments or 4 or more appointments a year are asked to take a 6-month break from counselling with Megan.
- Missed appointments and late cancellations are payable via cash, cheque, e-transfer or PayPal. Megan provides receipts marked “cancellation fee” or “missed appointment” and cannot mark such receipts as a “counselling session” as this constitutes insurance fraud. Megan appreciates your prompt payment.