Temporary Cancellation Policy Related to COVID-19 Pandemic:
Please note that due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, I am temporarily suspending my cancellation policy to include cancellations of less than 24 hours for any reason related to COVID-19, which make it not possible for you to continue with your appointment.
If you are able to provide 24+ hours notice it is deeply appreciated, as this potentially allows for your appointment spot to be filled by someone on the waiting list, in need of an appointment.
My regular cancellation and missed appointment policy, including for illness-related cancellations, will resume once COVID-19 is declared by health authorities to be in a post-pandemic phase.
Megan Sutherland considers any appointment that you have made with her, important. Your appointment is for your exclusive use and when it is cancelled with short notice, or missed altogether, it is often too late or impossible to offer this time to someone else and the appointment time goes unfilled. Megan understands that cancellations may feel awkward, but very much appreciates a cancellation over a no-show.
Please note, as of July 2017 the following cancellation / missed appointment policy is in effect:
- A full 24 hours notice is required for cancelling appointments. Clients may contact Megan directly to cancel or login to their Willow Tree Counselling account in the Jane online booking app. Clients may access their account via the client login link in the sidebar of willowtreecounselling.ca.
- If you cancel with less than 24 hours before your appointment time, you will be billed for 50% of the cost of your appointment, that is: $70 for a 50-minute session, $100 for a 75-minute session and $37.50 for a 25-minute appointment. This also applies to same-day bookings which are subsequently cancelled.
- If you cancel with less than 12 hours before your appointment time, you will be billed for 75% of the cost of your appointment, that is $105 for a 50-minute appointment, $150 for a 75-minute session and $56.25 for a 25-minute appointment. This also applies to same-day bookings which are subsequently cancelled.
- Clients who fail to show up for a scheduled appointment (“no show”) are billed for the full cost of their scheduled session — i.e. $140 for a 50-minute session, $200 for a 75-minute session and $75 for a 25-minute session.
- Clients receive emailed appointment reminders that are set up through their client profile in the Jane App booking system, sent out 3 days before their appointment time. Clients also have the option of adding SMS reminders 2 hours before their appointment time. While clients can log in to their profile at any time to deactivate these reminders, clients understand that in doing so that they are solely responsible for remembering their appointment time. Also, rarely, the Jane App may be subject to technical problems whereby reminders are not sent out. These reminders are a courtesy only; clients are responsible to keep or cancel their appointment regardless of whether they receive a reminder or not. If you are uncertain when your next appointment with Megan is, please contact her to check or login to your Jane profile where your upcoming appointments are listed.
- There is a range of valid reasons for cancelling an appointment. In order to be consistent with all clients, cancellation fees will only be waived in the event of a medical emergency requiring urgent professional treatment, a death in the family or a natural disaster.
- If you have purchased a prepaid counselling package and you cancel one of your prepaid sessions with less than 24 hours, or miss the session, this session counts as having been used.
- Out of fairness to you, if Megan cancels your appointment with less than 24 hours, your next appointment is 50% off. If she cancels your appointment with less than 12 hours, your next appointment is 75% off. In the unlikely event Megan does not show up for your appointment, your next appointment is free.
- If you have booked a series of counselling appointments and have cancelled your most recent appointment with less than 24 hours notice or have missed that appointment, you have 24 hours to pay the associated fees to retain your remaining pre-booked sessions.
- Life circumstances may arise which make attending counselling on an ongoing basis difficult or even impossible. Clients who cancel 3 or more consecutive appointments or 4 or more appointments a year are asked to take a 6-month break from counselling with Megan.
- Missed appointments and late cancellations are payable via cash, cheque, e-transfer or PayPal. Megan provides receipts marked “cancellation fee” or “missed appointment” and cannot mark such receipts as a “counselling session” as this constitutes insurance fraud. Megan appreciates your prompt payment.