Please note, as of September 2022 the following cancellation/missed appointment policy is in effect *
- A full 24 hours notice is required for cancelling appointments. Clients are invited to log in to their account in the Jane online booking app and cancel, or, if not possible, to contact Megan directly. Online cancellations can only be made with 24+ hours notice.
- If you cancel with less than 24 hours before your appointment time, you will be billed for 50% of the cost of your appointment, that is: $80 for a 50-minute session, $110 for a 75-minute session and $42.50 for a 25-minute appointment. This also applies to same-day bookings which are subsequently cancelled.
- If you cancel with less than 12 hours before your appointment time, you will be billed for 75% of the cost of your appointment, that is $120 for a 50-minute appointment, $165 for a 75-minute session and $63.75 for a 25-minute appointment. This also applies to same-day bookings which are subsequently cancelled.
- If you cancel with less than 6 hours before your appointment time, you will be billed for 90% of the cost of your appointment, that is $144 for a 50-minute appointment, $198 for a 75-minute session, and $76.50 for a 25-minute session.
- Clients who fail to show up for a scheduled appointment (“no show”) are billed for the full cost of their scheduled session — i.e. $160 for a 50-minute session, $220 for a 75-minute session and $85 for a 25-minute session.
- Clients receive emailed appointment reminders that are set up through their client profile in the Jane App booking system, sent out 3 days before their appointment time. Clients also have the option of adding SMS reminders 2 hours before their scheduled session. While clients can log in to their profile at any time to deactivate these reminders, clients understand that in doing so that they are solely responsible for remembering their appointment time. Deactivated reminders are the number one reason for missed appointments. Also, rarely, the Jane App may be subject to technical problems whereby reminders are not sent out. These reminders are a courtesy only; clients are responsible to keep or cancel their appointment regardless of whether they receive a reminder or not. If you are uncertain when your next appointment with Megan is, please log into your profile on the Jane App or contact Megan to check.
- There is a range of valid reasons for cancelling an appointment. In order to be consistent with all clients, cancellation fees will only be waived in the event of a medical emergency requiring urgent professional treatment, a death in the family or a natural disaster. Please also see my COVID/Communicable Disease Prevention Plan, below, for one notable exception.
- If you have purchased a prepaid counselling package and you cancel one of your prepaid sessions with less than 24 hours, or miss the session, this session counts as having been used.
- Out of fairness to you, if Megan cancels your appointment with less than 24 hours, your next appointment is 50% off. If she cancels your appointment with less than 12 hours, your next appointment is 75% off. If she cancels your appointment with less than 6 hours, your next appointment is 90% off.In the unlikely event Megan does not show up for your appointment, your next appointment is free.
- If you have booked a series of counselling appointments and have cancelled your most recent appointment with less than 24 hours notice or have missed that appointment, you have 24 hours to pay the associated fees to retain your remaining pre-booked sessions.
- Life circumstances may arise which make attending counselling on an ongoing basis difficult or even impossible. Clients who cancel 3 or more consecutive appointments or 4 or more appointments a year are asked to take a 6-month break from counselling with Megan.
- Missed appointments and late cancellations are payable via credit card, e-transfer or PayPal. Megan provides receipts marked “cancellation fee” or “missed appointment” and cannot mark such receipts as a “counselling session” as this constitutes insurance fraud. Megan appreciates your prompt payment.
© Willow Tree Counselling (2022).